Yes, it’s Happy Faces Time again! Saturday 6th of April in the Athlone Town Shopping Centre
As part of IPPA Happy Faces in association with Canon, Corin Bishop Photography is taking part in the national Happy Faces Day with 100% of the proceeds supporting Jack & Jill families. This will be the 5th year that Corin has been involved in the national Happy Faces charity fundraiser. With the support of the people of Athlone and the Midlands, Corin has to date taken over 600 portraits and raised over €17,000 for charity. Last year we took 200 portraits and raised €5000 for Jack and Jill.
about ippa happy faces day
The Irish Professional Photographers’ Association (IPPA) represents photographers who are registered, qualified and insured professionals throughout Ireland.
Happy Faces Day is their charitable initiative and it takes place in April every year.
Since it first launched in 2006, IPPA Happy Faces has raised almost €360,000 for its chosen charities.
Each year, the IPPA members all over Ireland donate their time, skills and materials for the benefit of Irish charities.
happy faces day 2013
The Jack & Jill Children’s Foundation, who provide home nursing care for babies & children up to the age of 4 who are born with, or develop, brain damage, is their charity of the year for 2013.
100% of the proceeds (not just profits) will benefit The Jack & Jill Children’s Foundation, and all costs are met by the participating members and by our generous sponsors, Canon.
how it works
For a €25 donation to The Jack & Jill Children’s Foundation you receive the gift of an individual portrait mini-session and a desk-size portrait with a participating member of the Irish Professional Photographers’ Association.
- 100% of every donation will be paid directly to The Jack & Jill Children’s Foundation.
- All costs for this charity event are being donated by participating photographers.
- Portrait consists of 7″x5″ (desk-size approx) photograph in presentation folder.
- Individual portraits will be taken for Happy Faces Day.
- Q. Who can have their portrait taken? – A. Anyone! Young and not quite as young, although please bear in mind that newborns or babies who can’t hold their own heads up might be a little tricky in the time allocated.
- Q. Can I get more than one person in a portrait, e.g. two children together? A. Sorry, but not for this event. Single portraits only. If you have three children then it would be three portraits at €25 donation each. We understand that you might like to do some of the kids/family together so Corin Bishop Photography will be giving each participant of Happy Faces a voucher for a free portraits session at the studio where you can photograph all the family!
- Q. Do I get to choose the picture or will you choose it for me? A. You will be booked in to view the portraits so you can choose the one you want. We’ll also be doing offers on framed portraits for the other images too.